“Catch A Smile” is a new campaign by Clowns Who Care with the mission of using social media to connect people from around the globe to perform “small gestures with great love” and brighten up the days of others. Each month we will pick a random date and include a “good deed” for all to perform on that day in order to make the world a happier and more positive place. And often if someone has received a kind act, they will ‘pass it on’ or ‘pay it forward’, meaning your action goes on and on. Smiles are contagious…let’s make sure people catch one! We ask you to PLEASE post comments to our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/clownswhocare) or email us (LOL@dubomedy.com) about your experiences, share photos and inspire others with your stories!
This month’s good deed is:
PERFORM A RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS FOR A STRANGER
This month’s date is:
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23
What is a random act of kindness?
Random acts of kindness are little or big things you can do for other people without expecting any kind of return. And of course this works both ways because doing something nice for someone else makes you feel good and it adds to your sense of well-being.
How do you participate?
1- If you are on Facebook, click attending : https://www.facebook.com/events/423899291049875/
2- Invite your friends from all over the world to join in the “Catch A Smile” movement! Post it, tweet it!
3- Make note of the date. This month it’s October 23
4- Make note of the monthly kindness assignment and start thinking of ideas of what you could do.
5- On Wed, Oct 23 perform at least one random act of kindness towards a stranger
6- Afterwards share your experience with us! Inspire others to be kind through your stories by commenting on the event page or emailing us!
What are some examples of random acts of kindness that you could do for a stranger?
– If you get to a toll road/bridge, why not pay for the toll of the person behind you
– Open doors for people
– Help someone carry their bags
– In a restaurant, if you have a great waiter/waitress, you could: leave them a generous tip or a note complimenting the service
– Bake a cake or cupcakes and give them out for no reason at all.
– Prepare a meal for a homeless person or a group of workers
– Put change in the washer/dryer for the next person
– Fill an expired or about to expire parking meter
– Give flowers to someone who looks sad
– Offer someone else your seat on the bus/train
– Buy dessert for someone eating out alone